Geography Performance LeaderApply Online
SalaryMPS/UPS TLR 2C (£6518)
Hours per WeekFull Time
Geography Performance Leader – Full -Time
Salary: MPS/UPS + TLR 2c (£6518) Starting September 2020
At Kimberley we have striven to put in place a structure and culture that sets classroom teachers up for success. Students will be successful if talented teachers are able to focus on ensuring that their planning, teaching and assessment leads to all students enjoying learning and making outstanding progress. If you are appointed, you will play a lead role in leading and improving this structure and culture across all aspects of the Geography curriculum. In this role your main responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that well-resourced Schemes of Work are in place across KS3, KS4 and KS5 that enable teachers to plan sequences of lessons so that all students enjoy learning and make good progress.
- Setting a clear Assessment Policy that is meaningful, manageable and motivational; and allows teachers and students to understand what has been learned and what the next steps are.
- Providing support, challenge and guidance to all Geography Teachers to ensure that they are following schemes of work and applying the assessment policy.
- Using progress data to ensure that teaching is leading to good progress for all students.
- Ensuring the schools’ behavior management policy is applied consistently within Geography.
As a middle leader you will lead the smooth day to day running of Geography; and along with all senior and middle leaders across the school you will play a key role in ensuring that all staff achieve a sensible work/life balance, flourish in their roles and can achieve their professional goals.
You will receive full support and professional development to enable you to be successful in this role and help prepare you for the next stage of your career. You will be part of a wider Humanities team at Kimberley School and will, therefore, enjoy the support of experienced colleagues across the school. As part of the East Midlands Education Trust you will also enjoy the support of a network of Geography teachers led by the Trusts’ Geography Subject Director. If you are passionate about teaching Geography and if you are ambitious for your own career, then this will be the ideal post for you.
All staff are recruited under our safer recruitment processes, in line with DfE requirements, which includes an enhanced DBS check. We have a suite of safeguarding procedures, policies and guidance for all of our staff and volunteers to ensure we actively promote children and young people's welfare and safety.
We are also committed to equality of opportunity in employment and it is our policy to promote equal opportunities in employment, regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, creed, disability, sex, age, marital status or sexual orientation. This applies to recruitment and selection practices, training, promotion and in the application of national and local agreements in respect of pay and conditions of service.
This application pack includes a job summary, job description and person specification. Applications must be made on an EMET application form which you can download from the East Midlands Education Trust website. Please note that CVs will not be accepted. Please complete an application form and covering letter no longer than one side of A4 (Calibri 11) outlining:
- How your training and experience to date have prepared for you this post; and
- Your vision for the Geography curriculum at Kimberley School and the steps that you will take to implement it.
If you have any questions or would like an informal discussion about the post or would like a tour around the school, please contact Wendy Bellamy, Leadership Support Team Leader, on 0115 9387000 or by email - email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of applications: 9am Wednesday 26th February 2020